Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Sell in, sell out...

The Heretic Archer is the first archery book to be made available in three different languages almost at the same time. So, nor myself or others were having any idee about the potential market for it.
Surely, the market for the Italian language version was the smaller one, but in this extent FITARCO has helped a lot ordering 1000 copies to be distributed to the italian registerd coaches, and therefore, at present the Italian version has already reached a total of more than 1500 copies distributed.
But while I was betting on the English vrsion as the most selleable one, I have frankly to admit to have understimated the French version market.
Considering that English and French versions have been both introduced to the market around January 26, in less than one month, only, the Englis version is over 700 copies worldwide, but the French version is already over 500 in the France, only.
Even considering that the sales will of course slow down in the next months, I have already concluded that the first version that will need to be reprinted will be the French one!
Of course, these rough numebers are referred to sell in to dealers and distributors, but as everybody seems being ordering what is really selling, and repeat orders are already common, I have to guess that at least 700 copies of the book have already reached their final destination outside Italy: the international readers that I have already to thank for the warm welcome to my and Michele's work.

3 comments:

Uncontainable said...

hi,
i came across your blog when i was trying to search more abt your book. took up archery for abt a year..
I'm based in a small country in Asia, so my access to your book is tough.. will try to get it if possible.. hope u dont mind if i ask u a few qns after reading it..

Vittorio Frangilli said...

Glad to see my book reaching Singapore, too. Small but very nice country. I have been there a couple of times, years ago.
Pls come back to me an I'll try to answer, if possible.

Uncontainable said...

your book is currently sold out in malaysia and no one is willing to carry just 1 book into spore here..
gosh.. i have to wait ages for it now... i was told it'll take 4-6 months before they re-stock. mayb i have to try other avenues. u mux be glad that your book is recieving resounding success here..