Friday, February 03, 2006

First comments around

And people, finally, has been able to read it outside Italy.
Some comments from the various forums and e-mails received:

- J'adore ce livre !!!! ( I adore this book) ... French reader, woman
- Passionant comme un roman ( impassioning like a novel..) ... French rader, woman
- I really like the way it's sectioned - British reader, woman
- Fantastic!! I like the way it is written as if you are actually speaking to either Vittorio or Michele. - British reader, man
-I think the "heretic" part of the title was well chosen. - British reader, man
-I was also suprised to see so much space dedicated to tuning. - Bitish reader, man
-I like the book very much, and it is pretty much the opposite of the Total Archery - US reader, man
-You have confirmed some of the ideas that I have been trying to pass on to archers for a number of years - British reader, man

Well, the general reactions are expressing mainly what I was expecting: a large content of surprise.
People was expecting the usual, traditional archery book/manual, and they have found, first of all, a 20 years long novel inside it, then a quick reference guide to all specifica aspect of olympic archery and finally many answers. Too many answers, probably, I have to say.
One of the first readers of the Italian edition told me that what he liked in the Heretic Archer was the fact that I was not loosing time to explain too much, to give alternatives and to propose different solutions, like in typical archery manuals, but I was simply giving unique answers, with no frills and alternatives, to all common questions. My personal, sometime "heretic" answers, of course, but without any doubt, very difficult to be misunderstood. And all of them supported by the the international results of Michele, Carla, Elena Maffioli, Andrea Tarelli, Vittoria Martin and Manuela MustafĂ , those from my club that have got at least one or more World or European medals in recurve archery in the years.

Of course, soon also negative comments will come, and surely someone will propose to burn the Heretic ... but in the mean time, enjoy reading our book like I'm enjoyng reading your comments about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've finished reading it through for the second time, and I think it's fantastic. It's going to be so useful as a reference tool, and so easy to find information from. I particularly like the conversational nature of the book, it's almost like chatting to a coach. Really well written, and I really appreciate the content too.
Thank you so much for a great contribution to the archery library!